The Reserve Bank of India, every year releases a notification for Grade B officers exam. The official notification for the exam was released in April 2020. The applications for registrations will be open in May 2020.
The RBI Grade B officer exam is divided into two phases. The first phase or the Prelims will be held in mid June 2020. The RBI will release a notification that will consist of all the exam dates and the number of vacancies.
RBI Grade B 2020 Notification
Around 200 vacancies are expected out of RBI grade B officers’ posts. The exam date and the venue details will soon be published on RBI’s official website.
The RBI official website will release the notification for certain posts. These posts are: Grade B (general), Grade B (DSIM), Grade B (DEPR). For each posts, there are different eligibility criteria set by the bank.
RBI Grade B Application form
The interested candidates can now fill in the application for the RBI Grade B examination. The application forms for the examination will be available till the end/mid of May 2020. The candidates are required to fill in the complete forms with appropriate information.
After successful registration, the candidates are requested to preserve the application details. The application details, including the registration ID and the password will be later utilized. It will be utilized to download the admit card and check the result.
- Age limit
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 30 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (Non – Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- PWD – 10 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years.
- Educational qualifications
In accordance to the RBI Grade B recruitment process educational qualification will differ in different posts.
Grade B officers (General):
A minimum of 60% of marks in bachelor’s degree. And, an equivalent percentage in 12th standard or any Diploma. The minimum qualifying percentage will be an aggregate of all these marks.
Grade B officers (DEPR):
- A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometric / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
- (Candidates having M.Phil. Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 year and 4 years respectively.)
Grade B officers (DSIM):
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometric/ Statistics & Bioinformatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Information from IIT-Bombay (OR)
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics and one year post graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an institute of repute (OR)
- M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute (OR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta
RBI Grade B Admit Card
The candidates whose applications are accepted by the RBI can recieve their admit card. An admit card is necessary to sit through an examination. And, it is necessary that the examination authority, that is RBI, accepts your application.
The admit card for the exam will be available online on RBI’s official website. Admit card can be downloaded for each phase of the examination.
The admit card will be available 10 days before the exam. The candidates are advised to get their admit card beforehand. Preserving the admit card for future usage is very important.
RBI Grade B Exam Dates
|RBI Grade B 2020||Dates|
|Release of RBI Grade B 2020 Notification||April 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020 online registration dates||April 2020|
|Admit Card for RBI Grade B 2020 Phase I||May 2020|
|RBI Grade B exam date for Phase 1||June 2020|
|RBI Grade B Result||June 2020|
|Admit Card for RBI Grade B 2020 Phase I||July 2020|
|RBI Grade B exam date for Phase 2||July 2020|
|RBI Grade B Result for Phase II||August 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020 Interview Date||August 2020|
|Declaration of Final Results||September 2020|
RBI Grade B syllabus for Phase I and II
The phase I examination, that is also the Prelims exam consist of 4 modules. These well known 4 modules are divided into 200 marks. These 4 are: English, General knowledge, Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning.
This is the exam pattern:
|English Language||30||30||2 hours|
The RBI phase II examination is divided into three papers. Two are compulsory and one of them is optional.
- Paper I: Economic and Social Issues (objective test)
- II – English Writing Skills (descriptive test = typing on computer)
- III – Finance and Management (objective test and optional paper)
This is the exam pattern of Phase 2:
|Name of Paper||Type||Marks||Time|
|Paper-I: Economic & Social Issues||Objective||100||90|
|Paper II: English Writing Skills||Descriptive||100||90|
RBI Grade B Exam 2020 Result
The RBI Grade B recruitment is divided into three parts: Phase I, Phase II and the interview. The Prelims that will take place in June 2020, its result will come in July 2020.
The mains exam will be held in the same month. The result for mains will be declared in August 2020. The final result of the RBI Grade B recruitment will be announced in September 2020.
This final result will conclude of a merit list, carrying the names of the shortlisted candidates. The merit list will consist the scores from all three stages.