RRB SSE Syllabus 2020 is available here. Candidates who have applied for RRB Senior Section Engineer Post, they can check the subject wise syllabus on this webpage. You must have applied for SSE post in Railway department that’s why you have landed on this page while searching for RRB SSE Syllabus. Aspirants who want to grab this opportunity to become SSE in Railways department must check the RRB SSE Syllabus 2020 and start studying accordingly.
The Syllabus of RRB SSE contains the important topics and that too subject wise which will help you to prepare well for the exam. If you are going to participate in this exam, make our mind to grab the post at any cost. Study hard as per syllabus, check the exam pattern and practice previous years questions paper. Get the complete syllabus details in this article and start preparing for the exam.
RRB SSE Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern
RRB SSE Exam consist of four different subjects i.e. General Intelligence and Reasoning for 60 marks, General Awareness of 60 Marks, Arithmetic of 60 marks and the last one Technical subject is of 90 marks. Here, Each question carry 1 mark and there is a deduction of 1/3rd mark for every wrong question. Therefore, be precise while marking your answer. If you don’t have any idea about the particular question don’t attend it.
Subject Wise Syllabus for RRB SSE Exam 2020
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Number Series, syllogism, Coding-decoding, Input-Output,
- Seating arrangement, Word Building, Calendar, Clock.
- Analogy, space visualization / orientation, Similarities and differences.
- Direction sense test, arithmetical reasoning, and figural classification, Blood relations, Visual memory, Decision making.
- Arithmetic number series, Statement conclusion, coding and decoding, non-verbal series.
- Geography of India, History of India, Indian Economy, Indian Politics.
- Everyday Science, General Science, Environmental Science.
- General Physics, General Biology, General Chemistry
- Questions related to Indian Railways.
- Percentage, Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Interests.
- Time and distance/work, profit & loss
- Data Interpretation, Mensuration, Pipes & Cisterns, Age problems.
RRB SSE Technical Syllabus for Electronics Engineering
- Electronic Devices, Energy bands, Wireless Communication, Signal & Systems,
- Tunnel, Analog, Junctions, diodes, and Digital Circuits, & Communication
- Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, mobility, resistivity, drift current
- Generation and recombination of carriers.
- EMFT, Control System, Basics of Signal & Systems.
Computer Engineering Syllabus
- Computer Fundamentals, Information systems, MS Office, languages,
- Operating systems, DBMS, Software Engineering
- Algorithms, Computer Networks, Database, Network communication
- Web technology & programming, System programming.
Instrumentation and Measurement Engineering
- Questions related to measurement systems.
- Instrumentation process will be asked.
- Mechanical Measurement, Circuits, Transducers
- Analog or Digital Electronics, Industrial Instrumentation
Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Questions will be asked about General Civil Engineering.
- Construction/ Structure Engineering and drawing, Costing and Valuation & Building Materials, Estimating.
- Soil Mechanics, Mechanics, Concrete Structures, Structural Analysis,
- Hydraulics, Construction, Steel Structures, Water requirements, Hydrology,
- Highway Planning, Surveying, Traffic Engineering, Coordinate system
- Errors and adjustments, Projections, curves, Environmental Engineering
- Measurements of distance and directions
Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- Theory of Mechanics, Questions related to Strength of materials.
- Eng. Mechanics and Kinematics of Machine.
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Machines
- Questions will be asked from Metrology and inspection subjects.
- Thermodynamics Cycles, Power Engineering, Steam tables.
Chemical Metallurgical Assistant Syllabus
- Pollution control and Environment.
- Applied Chemistry and Thermodynamics
- Basic concept of fuel
- Polymers, Material Science and Instrumentation